If you are on this page, then, that means you want to know how to borrow airtime from Airtel. Should that be the case, you are on the right page for information. See these for how to transfer airtime on Airtel and how to borrow data from Airtel.
This article covers all you need to know about borrowing airtime, or as some people refer to it, call credit from Airtel.
These include the eligibility requirements, the procedures, and everything else you should know. You can also check out our posts on how to borrow airtime from Glo and how to share data on Glo.
Airtel Extra Credit
At one time or the other, we have all run out of airtime with no way to recharge. Maybe the network is bad and you can’t recharge from your bank. On the other hand, it could be that or you are stranded somewhere with no place to get airtime. Whatever the reason might be, one thing you will desperately at this moment is how to top up your mobile number.
You need not worry, Airtel Nigeria has offered a solution to this problem. As a user, you can now borrow airtime on Airtel. They name this service Extra credit. You can borrow airtime or data using the airtel extra credit code and repay upon your next recharge. This is with a 15% service charge, except for N25 loan. In addition to this, you can also borrow data to surf the internet. Isn’t this good? But it is important to note that you must meet the requirements to access this loan offer. See how to borrow airtime from MTN.
Eligibility requirements for borrowing airtel from Airtel?
- Have a registered Airtel SIM
- Your SIM must have been active for at least 3 months
- You must recharge a minimum of N250 per month. This is because they will consider your monthly recharge frequency
- To access this loan offer, you must not have any pending talk time loan
- You’ll need to know the code to borrow airtime from Airtel
How to borrow airtime from Airtel
- Dial the Airtel borrow code – *500* The amount of airtime you wish to borrow, then, ‘#’ For example, if you wish to borrow N100 worth of Airtel credit, you will need to dial *500*100#. Alternatively, you can dial *500# and follow the prompt.
- Immediately after this, you should get a message telling you that your request is being processed. This is if you meet up with the requirements. But if you don’t, they will send a message telling you to recharge more to qualify.
- After the processing message, you will be credited with N85. This is because the 15% service charge has been removed.
How to borrow data on Airtel
Aside from borrowing airtime, Airtel also allows its customers to borrow data to surf the internet. If you are out of data, and you can’t subscribe to another for a reason or the other, you can follow these steps to borrow data and pay back later. See how to borrow airtime from 9mobile.
- Dial *500#
- After this, a prompt will pop. Reply with 3 to borrow data.
- If you do this correctly, they will display a list of data bundles you qualify for. This can be as low as 10MB or as high as 1TB.
- Select the bundle of your choice. And in no time they will activate your data plan of choice.
How do I repay Borrowed Airtel Credit or Data?
The repayment process is straightforward. All you have to do is recharge your line with the amount of credit or data you borrowed. Once you have done this, Airtel will automatically make deductions of the amount you borrowed.
If you need Airtime or Data and you are out of cash, you can easily leverage Airtel’s Extra credit Services. You do not need an internet connection to access this loan. All you have to dial is the special USSD code, and in no time they will credit your line. See how to link NIN to Airtel.